As a design partner, E Light works to limit change orders. Part of that obligation is to make sure that our participation is consistent with the items listed here during the course of the design and through construction:
- Creating competition for equipment specifications by obtaining bids from multiple vendors and subcontractors to leverage buyout.
- Offer cost saving constructability options to save costs.
- Eliminate scope creep through trade coordination.
- Continued and on-going discussion with the other team members about project direction and provide alternatives for collateral impacts.
- Assist the team in solving cost impacts through innovative design applications.
- Provide for “real time” commodity pricing for all pre-construction and construction elements.
- Candid dialogue with the Owner and Project Team about the feasibility of any requested “scope items” which are outside the electrical budget scope.